• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB APA Bottom Metal Rem 700 S/A

CA48

Would prefer the APA but will consider any of the lighter BM designs with the hidden mag release.

We make exactly what you're looking for...

Click on Curtis Custom in my signature and check out our bottom metal and 3 round billet mags that fit all bottom metal that accepts AI type mags.

Attachments

• dbm1.JPG
    dbm1.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 15
  • dbm2.jpg
    dbm2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 10
Joel, thank you
Do you make any S/A flush fit mags that will hold the SAUM case? Also what does the S/A BM weight, and do you happen to know the weight of a AI .308 5rd mag?

Not sure on the weight of the bottom metal nor a 5rd AI.

Judging off your questions based on weight I assume this is a weight sensitive build??
The DBM system is hardly anymore weight than a BDL. Don't think it will make a huge difference in the end...

The weight of our 3rd mag .308 is on the website.

We have plans to make SAUM 3rd mags but it will probably be after our LA Extended.

Our current 3rd SA .308 mag will hold 2 SAUM cases.

Not sure on the weight of the bottom metal nor a 5rd AI.

Judging off your questions based on weight I assume this is a weight sensitive build??
The DBM system is hardly anymore weight than a BDL. Don't think it will make a huge difference in the end...

The weight of our 3rd mag .308 is on the website.

We have plans to make SAUM 3rd mags but it will probably be after our LA Extended.

Our current 3rd SA .308 mag will hold 2 SAUM cases.

I have enough heavy rifles so I'm gathering parts for lighter rifle. This is a weight sentive build, I have a goal for it to be 9.5 lbs rifle w/scope, that's why I ask the weight and I just like to know each component weight regaurdless.

2 cases is plenty, I just didn't know if the feed lips of the mag were wide enough for the SAUM case?

Thanks for the responses

A 5rd AI mag weighs 5.5 OZ

Our bottom metal weighs 3 OZ

Our bottom metal and 3rd mag together weigh 6.6 OZ

A 300 Short mag case has .045 protrusion above the feed lips in our 3rd .308 mag.... I don't have a rifle in the shop at the moment to check if that would be enough to feed BUT it is aluminum technically you could slightly open the lips and it WOULD work as a 6.5x47 case has around.075 protrusion above the feed lips in our mag... so we are only talking about a .03 difference.

Hope that helps

gun)

Yes that helps a lot, thanks. I will be ordering today.