• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 7mm spiral twist barrel 1:9

jmcarrol

I have a buddy working on a build and he is dead set on a spiral barrel for his 7mm STW project. Wait time for spiral barrel from factory is quite a long time, so I am looking for some direction on where to find one in stock or a quick turnaround. He is looking for a contour similar to Remington Varmint and would be interested in most of the top barrel maker brands with similar contour and spiral fluting. Please let me know if you know of where to find one.

Just buy any 7mm barrel blank and send it off to get spiral fluted. Twisted Barrel does a good job.

He just stated that he would settle on a straight fluted 7mm barrel. Anyone have any in stock with 5R rifling 1:9 twist with close to sendero contour?

Bullets.com has Bartlien #3 contour in stock but that is smaller than sendero/Remington varmit. If you don't want fluting there are endless options out there.

Your best bet would be to just call up Krieger or Bartlien and have them make what you want. Or buy a stock one and send it to Kampfeld Customs. He does a good job with the spiral fluting and its the same price as straight fluting. Quick turn around too.

https://www.bullets.com/products/7mm-284-5R-1-9-Twist-26-Finished-3-Fluted-Barrel/T10743

I just had Karl Kampfeld do one and it was 2 weeks door to door but I live in the same state.

Butch's reloading has a Bartlein light Palma (about like a #4 Bartlein or #6 Krieger) or just a touch lighter than a med Palma and Sendero)

Bugholes has a Bartlein Sendero/Rem Varmint contour
Bartlein Barrel

3rd Generation has a Krieger 8 twist med. Palma (close to a Sendero and good for 195's)

Don't get hung up on a 5R barrel. I have 4 groove Kriegers and Bartlein's that are more accurate than my 5R barrels.