• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 6.5-06 headstamped brass

stu70

Does anyone have any headstamped 6.5-06 brass they want to sell? Trying to get started with my new custom.

Unless your set on brass that is stamped 6.5-06, just get some 25-06 brass and neck it up. Just lube inside of neck real good and one pass thru sizing die and your good to go. I use Norma brass for mine. I also anneal the brass first, even tho Norma is supposed to come annealed.

Thanks 375fan
Yes I like the idea of using the 25 06 brass. Do you have to trim the cases after forming?
I wanted some headstamped brass for some places that have been known to reguire proper headstamps to get your ammo in. Again Thanks

I use strictly Norma brass, I haven't had to trim till 5th or 6th firings. Usually anneal every 4 firings. I'm presently on my 3rd 6.5-06 barrel, total of over 4000 thru the 3, so I'm very familiar with the cartridge.
If your wanting the correct headstamp you must be planning on going to a foreign country, may I ask which one?

I have ran into the issue in Australia,Zimbabwe and Kygyzstan. When traveling to foreign areas it is now just wise to carry proper headstamped brass to keep it from even being an issue. In Australia the guy with customs was a bench rest shooter and reloader-he knew exactly what ws going on and got me thru-the young woman that was there did not and knew nothing of reloading and would have stopped me,Kygyzstan and Zibabwe officals just wanted to get payed off.
And I like the Norma brass route-Thank You

Yes I may go the quality route for about 40 cases and 25-06 for the rest. Thanks Guys