Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmint .308

xxx1911

Hi Everyone. Great to be part of this forum. I was wondering if any of you might be able to shed any info regarding the Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmint chambered in .308. I have recently aquired one and Im having a really difficult time getting info on this rifle. I have contacted Winchester and confirmed that it was made in 1995, It has the standard 26 inch stainless barrel but this one is Fluted. It will put 4 shot groups inside of a nickel a 100 yards consistantly. I cannot find any of these rifles on the open market and it seems not very many people that are using them, It is a heavy rifle, about 10.5 lbs, but a great shooter and in excellent condition. I'm also wondering just how many of these were made since they seem to be so scarce. I will be happy to send photos If there might be any experts out there that can shed any light on this.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.