Winchester Model 670

Deahl

I found a Model 670 in 264 Win Mag at a fair price. Whats the difference between a model 70 and a model 670? TIA

D, the magnums were only made for four years, 66-70. You're looking at a 50+ year old rifle. Nice caliber, but I'd borescope it before buying it. A friend had one, it had a fairly short barrel. Good luck.

The 670, simply has less "bling"! As mentioned, a Birch stock.....also the bluing is not as rich, does not have a "jeweled" bolt, and has a "blind" magazine! Mechanically......it's a Model 70! memtb

As above mentioned, the 670 is a plain Jane, no frills m70, cheap stock, etc. I built a custom .280 on one, and the action was flawless. It was a 30.06, I made the mistake of shooting it before I did the build, it shot well, i was just checking the function of the action, and nearly about didn't use it for the build. Triggers are easily adjustable in those too! Good gun! Enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.