Winchester model 52 heavy barrel

Gutpile65

Anyone have any knowledge of the winchester model 52 heavy barrel? I got one today and I'm not very knowledgeable about the 52. I'd like to pick your brain if you know much about this .22 rifle.

Anyone have any knowledge of the winchester model 52 heavy barrel? I got one today and I'm not very knowledgeable about the 52. I'd like to pick your brain if you know much about this .22 rifle.

can't say all that much about the rifling and bore, but the 52 chamber is the best ever done on a production rim fire rifle this side of the pond. It's also the most imitated chamber ever produced period. It's strait right out of the box unlike 98% of the others out there. I think there might have been two different throats, but both are really good. If the barrel is used, it may have the lead ring build up in the throat, and there is a tool out there to remove it. Lets hope the previous owner didn't ruin the bore while cleaning it.I wish my 541's have a barrel and chamber that good!
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.