• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Winchester/FN DBM

8x68s

I'm looking for a Winchester DBM with the code designation "BC" which, if my research is correct, will work for a 6 Creedmoor in the FN/Winchester short action, CRF.
If I have that assumption wrong, please let me know. It has taken a monumental effort to get this far with this situation as there is so little information or parts accessibility for model 70's. I say "little information" meaning solid knowledge. There's a ton of misinformation and opinion floating around and following any of it (believe me!!) is an enormous waste of time. I have yet to find a source listing for magazines that will fit any of the newer cartridges from the last 10 years or so.

Anyway...!! Looking for a Winchester DBM with the code designation "BC"...
End of rant... Thanks!

I built my 6CM on a M70 Classic(CRF) SA. The donor was a 300WSM. I called Winchester parts dep't and ordered the mag box, spring, and follower for the current production Extreme Weather M70 6.5 CM. Dropped right in and feeds like a charm.
If you are wanting to change a current production to a DBM, you will need to modify your stock as the bottom metal is different. I bought the DBM set up from MGW but found the parts mentioned above and took that route.
Parts links;

BC mag box for 243/308 CRF feed.
You can PM me with what you are trying to accomplish and I will share what I know and what I have succeeded with.

thanks for the follow-up. I had determined that the only possibility for a box was the "BC" but was hoping I wouldn't have to spend $120 for it.
I have the bottom metal by way of a FN/Hogue stock for the SPR/PBR so I think I'm good on that project if I buy the "BC" box.

I do have a new short action wood stock I got thru Numrich that I'd like to use to make a sporter with a std type magazine. The short action bottom metal I ordered is too wide and long in the mag well for the bottom inletting (short action magnum??). I'll probably have to do my own inletting. I have twice ordered short action and received long action from them??

Thanks for the info. I may get back to you when the "correct" parts arrive...LOL
Greg

Last edited: