WI. Bow Deer Season is On

Timeout

Got this unique buck early opening morning. I had him twice on camera this past week two and a half days apart. The first picture he was in the velvet and it was off in the second photo.
IMG_20190914_121128062.jpg

Nice job,would have arrowed him myself.Do you figure him a 5 1/2 yr old?
I'm not an expert on the age deal. His teeth were badly worn and one missing. My guess is that he was on the downhill side of prime. 18 1/2" spread. I saw a dandy 10 later in the day also. This was my target buck so God was smiling on me to kill him very early opening morning! I never had this buck on camera in years past.

Very nice, Sir! Congrats. Kentucky archery season opened up September 7th, but the 85-90 degree temps here are still keeping me indoors...o_O

Yes I do, but waiting for cooler weather! Will go out with my son-in-law on weekends and just enjoy observing the action during the rut. Then there is also Wyoming and our rifle and muzzleloader seasons! :):)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.