Why is it CBTO and not CHTO?

And, the head dimension is from the tip of the seated bullet (meplat??) to the end of the case mouth.

OK, I think I was keeping up with the program until now, but that just doesn't make any sense at all, since neither end of the measured distance is anywhere near the head of the case.

But, as previously and repeatedly stated, that's what it's called so that's what it's called.
The Head Height dimension is what is referred to here. It is the difference between the case length and Max COAL, generally in a saami drawing. A larger head height gives more room to seat longer bullets out of the case and still be within saami spec with regards to factory ammo.

The Head Height dimension is what is referred to here. It is the difference between the case length and Max COAL, generally in a saami drawing. A larger head height gives more room to seat longer bullets out of the case and still be within saami spec with regards to factory ammo.
Nope. Not gonna do it. Can't make me ask any more questions.

I make memes and post them on my FB profile, just to irritate my Dem friends

834A85A3-620F-453F-A763-BBF839D3C00B.jpeg

Neve even though about it. Tou tell m what to measure and where and I measure. You call it by the name and i will to when some experienced person tells me that is the correct name. Works for me on anything. I dont worry with much just what needs to be done and why.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.