Who uses a kestrel?

I do, they are very good and well worth the money if you can afford one. I have the 5700 elite w/ applied ballistics, I am very happy with it. Make sure whichever model you end up getting that you buy the 'LINK' model, it's $10 more IIRC, this allows Bluetooth connectivity to your phone and allows you to edit/upload gun profiles in seconds. And don't be stupid like me and get the dark green one, buy the orange one so if it falls out of your pack you can find it! Sam Millard of panhandle precision on youtube has a bunch of videos on chosing kestrel models and how to set them up and use them, much better than the limited info on kestrel's site in my opinion.
hyperlink to the elite w/ applied ballistics & link: https://kestrelmeters.com/products/kestrel-elite-weather-meter-with-applied-ballistics

Thank you I found that guy and I think the 5700 ballistic with link is going to be my choice as I'm only going to be running two rifles with it just not sure what the best app is to use with it yet?

Thinking of buying a kestrel are they any good? What's the best model to get? I'll be shooting deer out to a thousand yards max the hill I glass most deer on 600-800yards is the norm we have sambar deer so there pretty big :)
Love my 5700 elite with AB. Wouldn't go hunting or to the range without it. Highly recommend if you are new to them to signup for their free webinars on basic and advanced kestrel courses. Buy once, cry once and don't look back.

I run the 5700 elite w/LINK and AB I do shoot PRS, NRL, blah blah blah. I am a hunter as well. I can link it to my Terrapin or my phone. Its very versatile in every situation and I don't run out of features, bullet profiles or anything like that. My buddy has one that isn't the elite but has link (pardon me I forget which model he has exactly) and he sometimes wishes he could get the bullets and data that are on the elite. BUT theres always a but... he does well in comps and works harder on how his bullet actually performs. So if you put a little extra effort into the less expensive models, you can run them just as efficiently as the elite. Just my $0.02.

Thinking of buying a kestrel are they any good? What's the best model to get? I'll be shooting deer out to a thousand yards max the hill I glass most deer on 600-800yards is the norm we have sambar deer so there pretty big :)
I do a 5700 with AB old type with 3 rifle set up and a bushnell conx range finder the set up is old but it works well for long range hunting and long range rock wacking, there are many newer ones and all in one set ups so it is up to you to pick one that works for you once they are trued with the round you use they work.