Who makes custom carbon barrels??

Frozen fiber is not in business at the moment. Benchmark makes great barrels but I can't speak to how any of their wrapped barrels by hells canyon perform as I have not used any.

I have two proof research barrels and am very impressed. I also went to their manufacturing facility and it is much better than any other firearms place I have visited. The nice thing about proof (I'm not saying anything about any other manufacturer) is they are proven and their process works. They cost more but their process and reputation is second to none.

I have heard the same about Proof Research. It's nice to hear customer testimony.

I cannot say anything good enough to praise Proof Research...I have two Proof barrels...I bought one from Stocky Stock's and the muzzle was not threaded...I called PR to see what it would cost me to thread my muzzle...$30. Yes $30...

28" 6.5x284 Savage pre fit that is spitting out 140 Bergers @ almost 3200fps

It came back and it was beautiful...the thread protector looked like the end of the original barrel...just un screw it and put on your muzzle brake...

Class outfit (PR) and they kept in touch with you...

PR even offered me a great deal on a 6mm Creedmoor barrel but I wanted a longer barrel...class act...

Hard to get customs from Proof Research (nothing wrong with that)...

CarbonSix was willing to build me a custom carbon barrel...Charged me a fare price for a rented reamer...they were also willing to build the twist that I wanted and the barrel length that I wanted. They were also in constant contact with me...Their customer service is great...

I am still 12 weeks out for delivery of the CarbonSix barrel...I will let you know how it shoots...

Benchmark...I have four barrels from them...early on (years ago) they had some customer service...my last barrel I ordered in June 2017...Trying to find out where that barrel was in the production cycle was very difficult. My barrel showed up last week...my past barrels from Benchmark have all been shooters, but this is my last barrel from Benchmark...

ETA...The CarbonSix barrel was only about $50 more than the Benchmark barrel...

Last edited:
I have not purchased anything. I have talked with them and the guys seem very knowledgeable. I will be trying a barrel of theirs in the future barring some revelation with the product. They put some sort of guarantee on them and I believe they will work with you if for some reason you are not happy. I wish I could tell you I had one and loved it or at least wish someone could tell me that.
I have a Carbon Six barrel on order from them, a .338 barrel that is going to be a .338 Norma. Should be done in about a month. But Carbon Six and Proof do not seem to offer specialized twists....Carbon Six did however offer a significant LE/Mil discount, I believe I will beg them to do a custom twist, otherwise I'll go with a hells canyon, seems like good quality barrels judging from the results people are getting.

I have one proof barrel and it's shot far better than expected. I also have a Christensen arms barrel, it hasn't done as well as the proof but close.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Contact Jon Beagle at Helix 6 Precision of Oregon for superior carbon fiber barrels

Have a custom 8 tw 30 cal Rock Creek barrel he's wrapping for my 300 LRC project and have a 338 and 375 next

a friend has a handful and more on the way

https://www.helix6precision.com

Last edited:
I bought one of Mike at Hells Canyons barrels for the group buy. I ended up going with a 30 cal so I am going to be selling it. It's new of course. 26" rock creek wrapped 1:8 .284 26"

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.