Who makes a good picatinny Quad rail for end?

simpy16

I have a Remington VTR .223 that I really like but I am looking to change it up a bit and want to rebuild it a bit.

I want to have it setup up for coyote/varmit hunting and general target shooting. Basically a gun that can have rounds fired through it and I don't have to mortgage my house to afford ammo for it.

From what I understand of my AR it has a free floating fore end that is metal and cylindrical in shape. My barrel is the standard Remington barrel that is fluted and I am not quite sure on long but maybe 22 inches?

I would like to get a nice quad rail fore end to better mount a harris bipod as well as put a collapsable fore end grip and if I wanted to in the future put a light or some other accessories on there.

I am not sure what I would need or what is a good brand to buy. I am not sure on the length I would want but something that is semi light weight would be nice as well.

Please let me know what you would recommend and if it comes in flat dark earth that would be a bonus!

Followup question but I might also be looking to get a suppressor for this gun as well. Who makes a good quality one and would it work on my riffle if I got it threaded? Is there a standard threaded size that I should look into having done?

Wouldn't want a quad rail. Rough on the old fingers, and sand bags. I went with a JP extended length free float tube for my 20" build and love it. It came with a bi-pod stud.

Wouldn't want a quad rail. Rough on the old fingers, and sand bags. I went with a JP extended length free float tube for my 20" build and love it. It came with a bi-pod stud.

Jeep

Can I attached accessory rails to the JP free float tube? I see what you are saying about the quad rail being rough on hands.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.