Whitetail: Picking Un-scouted Spots From a Map

How did it go?
We ended up being successful. They killed their deer so I went back out on my own for two other days. I put in 8 miles the first day and saw a 9 point but couldn't get off a shot. Another hunter had shot him across the front of the chest and injured him. He was limping on three legs. I tracked him for two miles before he stopped bleeding. It rained all day the next day. The third day I went to a different spot I picked out and ended up shooting a small buck mainly for the meat. I quartered him and packed him out for a few miles. My pack weighed 150lbs so I had a good bit of meat. I shot him with my .300WM with the 200gr Terminal Ascents. Let me say, those rounds may not shoot well out of my gun but they do some damage.

We ended up being successful. They killed their deer so I went back out on my own for two other days. I put in 8 miles the first day and saw a 9 point but couldn't get off a shot. Another hunter had shot him across the front of the chest and injured him. He was limping on three legs. I tracked him for two miles before he stopped bleeding. It rained all day the next day. The third day I went to a different spot I picked out and ended up shooting a small buck mainly for the meat. I quartered him and packed him out for a few miles. My pack weighed 150lbs so I had a good bit of meat. I shot him with my .300WM with the 200gr Terminal Ascents. Let me say, those rounds may not shoot well out of my gun but they do some damage.
Man, that's great! Really glad to hear it! Sucks about the biggun, but them little guys are good eating! Congratulations on a job well done.

Recent Posts