Viewing a huntinggpsmaps.com map on my desktop ?

Ok so I figured that out but I don't get the same detail on my desktop as on my Garmin, on my desktop I don't get the property lines.
Thanks for the reply, Frank

There must be a setting wrong because there should be the exact same detail. You may have to zoom in farther or you can switch your map detail level to 'Highest' within basecamp to make all the map information load at a higher zoom level.

Check out this tutorial for more information:
Tutorial: BaseCamp Basic Tools

Thank you,
Eric

It works fine for me. In fact, I purchased the desktop version of the maps just so I could spend time "e-scouting" on a large screen before I ever went on a trip. I then copied the map onto the handheld Garmin with no problems.

I just wish I could copy it onto my car Garmin so I could see a larger screen when I drive, but that requires another license. I found a free map that has the borders, so that's on the car unit, and the huntinggpsmaps one with owners names is on the handheld.

I still have not had any luck seeing the detail on the desktop that I see on the handheld.:rolleyes:
I put the micro SD into the SD adapter and put it in my car Garmin a week ago and it was nice being able to see as you go and not use the batteries in the handheld, you can't copy it to the micro SD in the handheld and then put that in your car GPS?

Best thing I've found is to buy their software ($40--it's own seperate software so make sure you pick the right product) that inserts itself into Google Earth via a download direct from their site. Then you can really see some things you can't otherwise. I have the app on my iphone but much prefer the GE software insert and viewing it on the bigger laptop or desktop.

I still have not had any luck seeing the detail on the desktop that I see on the handheld.:rolleyes:
I put the micro SD into the SD adapter and put it in my car Garmin a week ago and it was nice being able to see as you go and not use the batteries in the handheld, you can't copy it to the micro SD in the handheld and then put that in your car GPS?

I will look into that, but the way it registers to one unit I am surprised you got it to work.

It is my brothers, he lives in Colorado so I brought it back with me to do a little research before going to Wyoming next fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.