Which VLD???

J300UM

I'm havin a hard time deciding which bullet to shoot out of my 300. I've spoke with Walt and he stands firm on the 168 but my gut tells me to go heavier. I'm thinkin I may shoot them all, take the one that gives me the best accuracy @ 1000yds and not look back but I would like to have some opinions on that. What do y'all think??? If it helps, my rifle has a 26" tube with a 1-11 twist and I'm currently shooting 180gr AB's at 3480fps average. I've shot them well into the 3500's but accuracy fell off. Thanks in advance!!!

i would check out the 210 berger vld or maybe the 200gr nosler AB. the BC of the 200 gr AB is listed as .588 so that would be pretty good for ya

have a good un
steve

J300UM,
I'm loading 185 Berger VLD's in a 300WSM and they are working very well.One of the guys I shoot with is loading a 208 grain A-Max in a 300 Win Mag and getting very good groups, plus the A-Max dosen't appear to be as sensitive to seating depth as the VLD's

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.