Which scope should i get?

Creedmoor shooter

I haven't tried the weaver so I can't be much help. In fact i have the PST vortex and enjoy it.

have you considered vortex viper 6.5-20? capped turrets but seems like a value. HS has a few better features. I'm sure you would be happy with it.

I haven't tried the weaver so I can't be much help. In fact i have the PST vortex and enjoy it.

have you considered vortex viper 6.5-20? capped turrets but seems like a value. HS has a few better features. I'm sure you would be happy with it.

I live in the north east so 6 power doesnt go low enough for me. All my shots will be from 50-600 yards.

I just got the vortex viper hs-t 4-16. I shoot the same distance as you. I think this is the one to go with.

choosing between the two I would get the vortex.

zero stop feature is kinda nice if you ever adjust your elevation.
It is also about 9oz less weight.
Vortex also has a little wider field of view on the low range which sounds like what you would prefer.

choosing between the two I would get the vortex.

zero stop feature is kinda nice if you ever adjust your elevation.
It is also about 9oz less weight.
Vortex also has a little wider field of view on the low range which sounds like what you would prefer.

Yes i do dial up for my shots. I prefer that much better than hold over. The only thing about the weaver that i really like is the 4-20 zoom. Do i really need that much?

interesting thread.... I think ill go with the vortex. Just because of the zero stop and the life time warranty. Weaver doesnt have on of those. I dont really need a 20 power anyways. Ive shot at a 2" circle @ 400 with a 3-9 and held 1/4 moa. really hard at that range with the 9 power because the reticle takes up the whole target.

interesting thread.... I think ill go with the vortex. Just because of the zero stop and the life time warranty. Weaver doesnt have on of those. I dont really need a 20 power anyways. Ive shot at a 2" circle @ 400 with a 3-9 and held 1/4 moa. really hard at that range with the 9 power because the reticle takes up the whole target.

yeah if you can shoot that well with 9x I'm sure 16 will work. You putting this on a 6.5 creedmoor by chance?

Well im hoping anyway. I heard that this gun shoots lights out. And with it being a Creed' that should make it fairly accurate. My dads 6.5 Creedmoor is a really accurate rifle. He gets 1/4 moa and under @ 100. That one is a t/c icon precision hunter.

Newbie to this site here, I have the Weaver super slam euro 4-20x50 on my custom Rem 700 muzzleloader. This scope IMO is worth every penny, very bright and clear optics at every level and or time of day. Great scope for the $$$$. Vortex and Clearidge were the other two scopes I was considering at the time of purchase. I have no regrets. I like the Weaver better than my Nikons, Burris' s and Bushnell Elite's to this point.
My only complaint would be the crosshairs are VERY fine, great for bench shooting not so great at low light in the woods.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.