Which Muzzlebrake

barnesuser28

I am starting this thread for members that want to put a brake on their rifles but dont know where to start. I have seen at least 3 threads just today about which muzzle brake they should use (not that there is anything wrong with that) so i thought if we had lots of data and first hand experiences combined into 1 thread it would help make their decision easier.

If you have used a brake please tell the style, caliber and weight of the gun used on, and how well it reduced recoil.

I will included my results on Jim See's mini magnum muscle brake on a 284 win once i get the rifle and some rounds down range.

Hope this turns into an informative thread for all.

Riley

Riley,

I know you (and most LRH members) mean well but sometimes we are too lazy to use one of the powerful tools this site has, that is "the search function" on the top right corner. Most often than not, I find the similar/related items previously posted. If not then I post the query.

Try the search function first ..........................................................................................................
finish-02-look-down.gif

SEARCH_zps4759350d.jpg

Riley,

I know you (and most LRH members) mean well but sometimes we are too lazy to use one of the powerful tools this site has, that is "the search function" on the top right corner. Most often than not, I find the similar/related items previously posted. If not then I post the query.

Try the search function first ..........................................................................................................
finish-02-look-down.gif

SEARCH_zps4759350d.jpg

FEENIX,
I know how to use the search function, i made this thread so when people search 'muzzle brake' they would come across this thread and can find the information they are looking for.

Riley,

Don't misconstrue my message, I never said you didn't know how to use the search function or my response was directed to you. I'm simply encouraging to use that tool before any query ... you said so yourself, "3 thread just today about which muzzle brake they should use" ... a quick search would reduce or eliminate the other 2 queries.

Again, your intentions are good and my response was not directed to you.

M700 30-06 24" sporter w/ score high muzzle break
recoils was reduced to around that of a .243 win or less than a 30-30

Also had one installed on my 45/70 handi, recoil went from a fully loaded frieght train to a subway train I guess is the only way to discribe it both had about a 50% reduction I would say also very managable instead of wanting to jump out of your hands
both are around 8 pounds

Also have A score high tactical break on my 6.5-06. I have never shot this rifle without the break installed. rifle weighs in at 18 pounds. I can tell you there is little real felt recoil less than a .223 also no bounce when using a bipod. Would highly recommend to a friend

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.