which mount and rings. Help please. m70

wannahuntmo

Building a long range rifle. I would like to practice to 1000yds. I'm at the point of ordering accessories. having a barrel put on my Winchester action. the action is long. post 64 claw type extractor. Bought it in the 80's. wondering if i will need a 20 MOA base with my Huskemaw 5-20x50 scope. Then what height rings? barrel to be chambered in 7stw.Thanks

I'm not familiar with your action and scope specifications so the height of the rings isn't something I can help you with but the best ring set up I know of (and the one I almost recommend above all others) are the Burris Z Rings with inserts. You can get 20 MOA out of that set up without any other changes. Even so, I generally put them on top of a 20 MOA rail to make sure I've always got enough for the 1k range without taking my reticle to the extreme corners of the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.