Which die?

RCMSTER

So, I just got my 6.5-06 that I bought off of gunbroker. Probably the best rifle, by far, that I've ever owned. Currently, I've got about 100 rounds of 270 brass that I've resized and trimmed for the rifle, and my first 20 rounds worked fine, but reading on this site, the consensus seems to be that using 30-06 lapua brass is a better option, and I'm open to that, so here's my question. Would it better to step down the 30-06 brass using a 280 remington die as an interim step, or use a 270 winchester die, or does it not make any difference? Thanks in advance for insight.

I would look at the Peterson brass the lapua is darn good but now you will be neck turning Peterson is making 270 win brass now I have had good luck with all the brass I have got from them if you go with the lapua I would use the 280 die first then the 6.5-06 die You may also check with Peterson if they are making 25-06 brass it would be a simple neck up and go

I just went to the Peterson website. Nice looking brass, but no listing at all for 25-06, 270, 280, or 30-06.

Go to graff and sons or europtic its on their site they are not making the 25-06 as of yet

The simplest route is to use Peterson 270 brass. Like was stated, the Lapua neck will need to be turned and the necks are shorter on 30-06.

This is going to make some here cringe, but I had great luck neck-sizing new Winchester .25-06 brass up in a 6.5 Remington FL die, then trimming. I only neck-sized after that till pockets loosened. Usually got in the neighborhood of 10 reloads with RE-22 and 140-grain Speer spitzers. I wish I had NEVER sold that gun.

Ragged edge, I don't want to use 25-06 brass because I also have 2 25-06's, and knowing my luck, I'd get a case of old timers disease, and get them mixed up, and get myself into real trouble. Somehow, I don't think it would end well.

I have some peterson 270 brass on order. Ordered it last night after recommendations from ya'll on here.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.