Which brass for 6.5 PRC

deerhunter64

I don't remember if I asked this question before so please be patient. I just picked up a new rifle in 6.5 PRC. Which brass should I purchase ? Obviously if Lapua made the brass it would be a no brainer since their brass is just amazing. Thanks.

ADG makes brass. I bought some for a 7 SAUM project but can't give you real world usage feedback as the build is still not complete.

No problems here with the Hornady yet. Only 3 firings in, but running 59-60 grain area with H1000. Pockets still feel right and getting .5 inch 3 shot groups at 200. Hard to complain. Might try ADG next time around, but at double the price it's hard to justify for me.

Adg is great, but from all I've heard, Hornady has made improvements in the 6.5 & 300 prc cases, lots of reports of them holding pressure pretty well. Wish that could been said of the 6.5 gap4s and 7lrm.

I have some Hornady brass with 9 firings. When I got my first prc I shot and reloaded one piece 12 times with a stiff load and the primer was still tight.

With that being said I would and will be buying ADG next time I need brass.

I have 9 firings in a Gunwerks brass lot so far and its still good. 12 firings on some Hornady brass from a lot that is 2 years old and no problems either. The neck thickness on the Gunwerks brass was more consistent.

there is Hornady, ADG, Gunwerks, and Bertram with price ranging from .90- 1.70 a piece pick the one that fits your budget.
Hornady has been pretty impressive so far, I have twelve reloads on mine

Hornady brass is ok but Adg/gunwerks brass is excellent much more consistent.
My es and sd were cut in half when i switched.

Only issue with ADG is getting their stuff In stock! I was going to order some 7mm RM from them but they told me they wont be making another run until January. Guess that hornady stuff doesnt sound to bad after all! My 7mm hornday stiff has 6 firings and pockets are still snug. If you can get the ADG, go with them. If not theres nothing wrong with hornady in the cartridges I've used it in.

Only issue with ADG is getting their stuff In stock! I was going to order some 7mm RM from them but they told me they wont be making another run until January. Guess that hornady stuff doesnt sound to bad after all! My 7mm hornday stiff has 6 firings and pockets are still snug. If you can get the ADG, go with them. If not theres nothing wrong with hornady in the cartridges I've used it in.
Get gunwerks as it made by ADG. Also adg has their listed vendors on the website, I've always found one of them to have the brass I'm after.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.