Which Accu Tac bipod?

mfran615

I am going to order an Accu Tac bipod, but can't decide which one would fit my needs best. I will be mainly be shooting prone or off a bench. Haven't ventured into PRS and likely will not any time soon. Which model would you recommend and why? What height? My rifle is about 13-14lb, 7 SAUM so not heavy recoil.

I have the BR-4 model and it is the only model from them I have experience with, it has worked well for me with no issues. I have run it on guns from an 8 pound 1 ounce unbraked 28 Nosler running very stout loads and with horrible recoil, a 300 WM under 9 pounds that also is nasty to shoot, and 12-14 pound rifles with light to moderate recoil. If the light 28 didn't tear it up I don't know what would, over 100 rounds shot as well, just make sure it's tightened down well LOL.

My only regret is not spending up for the QD lever in place of the thumbscrew/nut, sometimes doing load development or shooting several rifles it gets to be a pain switching it back and forth. I bubba'd a QD lever on it and it doesn't work great, I should have bought theirs and been done.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

I had the SR5-G2 and it was just about perfect for prone or off the bench. I was running it on a chassis rifle of similar weight to what you have. I would avoid a bench length ones as you can always just put the legs at 45 degrees. Great bipods and a personal favorite. Heavy, but indestructible.