• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Where to sell locally?

cohunt

I used to use armslist to sell powder/primers etc locally since I can't do hazmat shipping-- but they now charge a monthly fee and it's a lot of scammers any way.

Besides here on lrh, are there any other types of local free selling platforms that allow the sale of reloading supplies?

I've seen some items on Craigslist. I'm not sure if they allow Powder or Primers but I've seen equipment like presses, brass and shot shell components. Got to watch the scammers there also. I had a bow for sale last year and I had to go through several scammers before I found a legitimate buyer.

When we had enough interest - and items to sell, we had a Colorado specific swap thread right here on LRH. I think it died off mainly because all it ended up being was a "wish list" due to very few of us with actual inventory/items for sale or trade.

I would think that it would be viable again if we had members that had items in hand that others were looking for.

I've seen some items on Craigslist. I'm not sure if they allow Powder or Primers but I've seen equipment like presses, brass and shot shell components. Got to watch the scammers there also. I had a bow for sale last year and I had to go through several scammers before I found a legitimate buyer.
Used to be you could sell components, but they would always get flagged within a day or so as people didn't know the rules-- they don't allow firearms or ammo but did allow reloading equip, optics, accessories, and components--- but its a waste of time to type up an add with pics to only get flagged within a few hours of posting from the anti's on CL ... AL worked well for me for firearms ammo and components for a few years until they started with the monthly fee cr@p. I do see 1 pound of powder, some brass, sg hulls, and reload equip listed in denver.....I'll watch to see how quick the components get flagged--

Last edited:
I was surprised to see powder on there when I checked this morning. You can try other Forums, just put your location in the title.
The High Road requires your location or they'll pull your post. There's also COAR15, you might find someone closer to you. There are many Forums like Accurate Shooter, Predator Masters, 24 Hour Campfire and caliber specific like 6.5 Grendel you can post on. Some require a minimum number of posts and or a waiting time before you can post items for sale to minimize the number of scammers.

Another place I've found are the Gun Ranges I'm a member of. One had two swap meets this summer, another has a Trading Post on their website. I always end up buying more than I sell at the Swap Meets. I did pick up a NIB Dillon 550B at the last Swap Meet for about half of what Dillon is selling them for.

Last edited:
I know that this is not helpful for the OP, but we have a texasbowhunter.com and texashuntingforum.com that are both very well managed like LRH (and Rokslide in my experience has been good too). Like most of these forums, members need to "trust but verify" but also like the LRH classifieds, the members help police the scammers. In the case of texasbowhunter.com, you will find posts in the classifieds like "Need TBH Express from Dallas to Houston" as well. I have not used the TBH Express myself but I have yet to have a bad experience on LRH, Rokslide, 24hourcampfire or the two Texas forums I mentioned here.

I know that this is not helpful for the OP, but we have a texasbowhunter.com and texashuntingforum.com that are both very well managed like LRH (and Rokslide in my experience has been good too). Like most of these forums, members need to "trust but verify" but also like the LRH classifieds, the members help police the scammers. In the case of texasbowhunter.com, you will find posts in the classifieds like "Need TBH Express from Dallas to Houston" as well. I have not used the TBH Express myself but I have yet to have a bad experience on LRH, Rokslide, 24hourcampfire or the two Texas forums I mentioned here.
Well if you want to make the drive all the way from Texas, I'd sell my stuff to you 😉

Recent Posts