What The Meaning

• Thread starter Deleted member 112929
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 112929

I just acquire 100 rds of once fired 300 WIN MAG brass and noticed the head stamps. Dose anyone know what these mean and what is good and what is not. What does the 11, 10, 19 and HE mean?

IMG_2267.JPG

Fc is federal cartridge and number is year or a code for who they made the brass for

Buck
Now I'm beginning to wonder if this is really once fired brass as they said it was. That is some old brass that's been around for a while. It looks good but again I have my doubts. Maybe the next time I need to ask for specific age brass. Thanks

2010, 2011 and 2019. That's not that old. I have a case (500ct) of Remington in 7mmRM that I've had for probably close to 20 years. Some of it's only been shot once or twice but it's not the age that ruins your brass. It's how it's been taken care of; was it used for high pressure loads, which enlarge the primer pockets to the point it's useless, or maybe it wasn't and the previous owner(s) took care of it and even annealed it.
Maybe the ones marked with the year designation (10,11,19) are range pickups, as in military rounds. If that's the "case" :) they probably are once-fired. I searched for the "HE" Federal head stamp and found "The High Road" forum entries from 2010-2011 talking about Federal's "High Energy" ammo. This was head stamped as such but was from around 2000.
I would clean, anneal, prep and FL resize and shoot it but keep an eye out for failures.

2010, 2011 and 2019. That's not that old. I have a case (500ct) of Remington in 7mmRM that I've had for probably close to 20 years. Some of it's only been shot once or twice but it's not the age that ruins your brass. It's how it's been taken care of; was it used for high pressure loads, which enlarge the primer pockets to the point it's useless, or maybe it wasn't and the previous owner(s) took care of it and even annealed it.
Maybe the ones marked with the year designation (10,11,19) are range pickups, as in military rounds. If that's the "case" :) they probably are once-fired. I searched for the "HE" Federal head stamp and found "The High Road" forum entries from 2010-2011 talking about Federal's "High Energy" ammo. This was head stamped as such but was from around 2000.
I would clean, anneal, prep and FL resize and shoot it but keep an eye out for failures.
Thank you very much.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.