what states have a weight limit on a hunting rifle

I don't like it either, but kinda understand why they made the change. The equipment is often more capable than the shooter.

......They better make sure that their scale is certified legal for trade in that state. Otherwise you could get the ticket thrown out in court.......

The official position of the Washington Wildlife Depatment, as expressed by their spokesperson upon losing a case-"We're going to continue writing tickets, because most will just pay them, and most Judges will support us".

That attitude is exactly why I don't work for the Iowa DNR. I saw it firsthand in an internship. I will not be included in that group of garbage.

The official position of the Washington Wildlife Depatment, as expressed by their spokesperson upon losing a case-"We're going to continue writing tickets, because most will just pay them, and most Judges will support us".
I wonder as to what RCW they would put on the ticket. There is no law that restricts the weight of a rifle for hunting in Washington State.

......I wonder as to what RCW they would put on the ticket. There is no law that restricts the weight of a rifle for hunting in Washington State.......

Not that I recall either, but I haven't read them recently.

Madonna's comment about writing tickets came after losing a hunter orange case because there wasn't an associated RCW.

In post 20 Kukusya has an email from WDFW saying they don't have a weight limit. I better download it for when they want to weigh my rifles. Then I'll drag out the almost 40 pounds of BMG and see if the scale has a limit. I've never had a rifle put on a scale in Washington. They are to busy trying to get guys on their orange or loaded rifles in trucks.

...The law was to limit 50BMG's. There was a group of people that got caught shooting at game out to about a mile and they wounded numerous animals and never went to check if they hit them.....

I doubt they have evidence to support that, although they did have evidence the general archery, and rifle recovery rates were abysmal.

The fact is they didn't slow long range shooting-just the equipment giving the best chance for success.

I don't like it either, but kinda understand why they made the change. The equipment is often more capable than the shooter.
So why don't the just put a range limit on hunting not really any different than a weight limit on a rifle or the length of a case or the caliber of the bullet. There are laws about wounding game and not harvesting them they should enforce the laws we have instead of just adding another law. But they would rather add a laws they feel is easier to collect money on rather then do the work to get a conviction on a want and waste violation.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.