What is it about Coues ?

Thesteeleboy

Being someone that has never attempted to hunt the grey ghost, What is it that makes them so addicting to hunt. I have always wanted just one to hang on the wall with my mule deer, so for the past 9 years I have applied for points, {at great expense to a poor boy I might add} for the opportunity to try it just once. I am going to try to get a tag for either unit 23 or 33 December hunt, still undecided. I am now getting up there in age so I am really looking forward to this opportunity. After reading about how fanatic some of you are about the Coues hunting, I just had to ask { what is it about hunting coues that you prefer over mule deer ?}.

You're starting to worry me steelboy, I'm catching the coues bug, just what I need another addiction. I am thinking of applying for an Arizona coues deer tag this year. I haven't hunted whitetails since my Army days in Texas. I realize probably more like hunting mulies, but I'm excited about chasing them little critters around. Waiting to hear the results of the Utah Elk (hunting partners tag), Utah Pronghorn draw and the New Mexico Elk draw before deciding between a general archery elk tag in Utah of the Arizona coues deer hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.