• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED What Brass Tumbler?

C.O. Shooter

I have had "Zero" problems with my Frankfort Arsenal. It will be hard to beat for the price. Good Luck.

C.O., I've had several dry media tumblers and a sonic cleaner. Now use the Frankfort Arsenal stainless media wet tumbler. Brass is clean like new unfired inside and out, even the primer pockets. Have used the dry media a few times after the stainless to get a super polish just for looks, but the stainless is the ticket. Looks by your choices you've settled on a dry tumbler. Good luck with whichever you choose.

I regularly use Thumbler's SS Media tumblers. My shooting partner has the Franford and I only think mine cleans slightly better. I also have a Thumbler's 18 dry media tumbler. Yes, it is kinda high...but it is so quiet you can carry on a conversation over it without a problem. That was my main reason for buying it was quietness...it does a very good job. The best one I have ever used bar none as far a cleaning was the smaller Dillon and it is just a little bit more than the ones you listed. It uses the same motor as their next size up tumbler I think.

I use a Cabela's tumbler. I'm not sure who makes it for them but it's worked great for me with no issues at all.

The brass comes out looking like jewelry if you leave in in too long.

Used corn cob/walnut media for years. Bought cheap tumbler from harbor freight to try stainless media, will never use nothing else now. Upgraded to the larger rebel 17 model and is best setup I have used.
5915873E-C1B4-4B01-9609-AFF4B963E148_zpswq9jyay1.png

I bought an old Viking tumbler, I think it's used for polishing rocks
but folks have used it for brass, that's what I hope to do.
Anyone know about those ? Mine is pretty old I think, the cord
is only 2-wire, no ground ! It looks fairly heavy-duty.