What about the CZ 550 Safari Magnum Action

dwm

What about the CZ 550 Safari Magnum action, they claim to be a full sized magnum action made for the .300 Wmag, .375 HHMag,.458 WinM,.416 Rigby.

Are the bolt and the magazine longer on one of these than on a REM700 or a Weatherby Mark V Magnum?

Doug

Yup. I think the magazine allows for ~3.8" cartridges.
And the boltface is bigger, can't remember by how much. THE choice for a CRF Lapua.
There aren't a lot of options for restocking, and that humpback don't do it justice, so keep that in mind.

550 magnum is just a 550 with longer receiver and same bolt body diameter as the old ZKK600/601 and the mag 602.

mauser action are fuley safe with 416 bolt face and 416 Rigby pressure if you go with hight pressure cartridge that can work but I will not sign for safety garanty after several thousand round because fatigue in steel is an important factor and even if most rifles had been built with Mauser action most are only hunting rifle with very few round during the hunter life that same for 338 LM wilcat on small receiver as Win 70 and the 1x16 thread tenon .

good shooting

DAN TEC

I have built several 338 Lapuas on the CZ action and in the process of building semi-custom 338's for CZ.
Stock choices from McMillan are the Baker Special, McHale and they have a CZ hunting style stock.

Chris,

I would be interested to hear more about your cz .338 lapua rifles...I am considering this path my self.

not to hijack the thread, but are there any pic rails available to go on the action, or a good way to use tactical weaver style rings? thanks

I am not aware of any. Several ring makers are making CZ rings now- Burris (Signature would allow use of offset inserts if they make 'em), Talley and a few others.
I use the rings made by CZ. They were designed by Badger Ordnance but are made in the Czech-Republic at the CZ factory. I re-tap the holes for 1/4-28 for the cross bolts and 8-40 for the ring caps however.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts