Whare would you go from here

DSMITH1651

Just reloading with a new lot of powder an ran a quick ladder and wanted to get some more experienced opinions. 72.5 grains seems to be getting harder extraction, my old load was going 3015 fps at 72.5 but that was a different powder lot. Today's test fps was off and accuracy seems off. What do you think
Duane

Forgot too add range is 250 yds

7mm LRM, h-1000 , Berger 180 hybrid

Last edited:
The fps were gathering separate with a single round at each charge weight with my magnito speed, not ideal I know. I'm going to shoot some for fps tomarow. Life got in the way today LOL. Don't know if I trust groups with it attached to the end of my barrel.

I generally shoot like this using my Shooting Chrony, then use the MagnetoSpeed for a good shot or two to get velocity for calculations. I'm with you - not sure I can trust the MS for grouping.

Well shot 5 rounds of 71.5 and 72 today over the magneto speed and here are the results

3000 fps average
SD 7
Es 17

3050 fps average
SD 16.3
Es 40
Groups went to hell 1moa with the magneto speed on the barral
Duane

I went thru something like this with two different lots of H4350. @#%* new lot was 75 FPS slower than the old lot. I just worked up to my previous FPS and all then seemed ok.

Your original was 3015 FPS. Your are right around that with 71.5 and 71.5 had good ES/SD numbers. Maybe take the magnetospeed off and just try to get some good groups on either side of it.

I went thru something like this with two different lots of H4350. @#%* new lot was 75 FPS slower than the old lot. I just worked up to my previous FPS and all then seemed ok.

Your original was 3015 FPS. Your are right around that with 71.5 and 71.5 had good ES/SD numbers. Maybe take the magnetospeed off and just try to get some good groups on either side of it.

That typically what i do.

All else being equal, load powder to produce the same MV.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.