Well I'm commited!

frostop

Sent the action off to Pac-nor Friday, I think they told me 10 weeks.
270wsm, 8 twist 26" Sendero countour fluted no brake, set up to shoot from the mag.
Gonna be a long wait, but hopefully worth the wait:rolleyes:

Gary

I sent my Remington 700 action to Pac Nor and got it back with a new Super Match barrel in about 6 weeks. :D No fluting or brake though, so it was pretty straight forward. I got the #3 contour.

I think since it was during the 2015 fall hunting seasons, their business was probably a bit slower.

I went from a 270 win to a 280 Ackley. I also got the 1:8 twist, I'm sure you'll be glad you went with that.

I'm sure you're excited! :cool:

270wsm, 8 twist 26" Sendero countour fluted no brake, set up to shoot from the mag.

Gary

Nah, it'll be here before you know it and you know it's all worth the wait.

Load them with 165/175 Matrix or the 170 Berger and you're golden.

Cheers!

Ed

Now I got a figure out what scope to top it off with?
I've always had good luck with the Nikon's but wish that they had a "Real" Zero Stop and a simple MOA reticle?

I'm thinking maybe an SHV or alike. I'm open to suggestions at this point:D Gonna keep an eye on the Classifieds here as well?

Is a 20mm mount necessary out to 1000???

Dangerous waters you've entered. I started down this path in mid Dec. It all started innocent enough with a Rem 700 action.
Which has turned into a tuned 700 action, spiral fluted bolt, webbed bolt handle with tac knob all by Kampfeld. This led to a custom Krieger barrel, a Holland recoil lug and JP brake, which led the barreled action back to Kampfeld for barrel fluting. A McMillan A-5 and NF NX I just pickup up this weekend.
Be brave!

That's funny, I have plans on take Kampfeld an Encore Barrel this weekend to have a spiral flute done-full bull 280 Ackley. Currently a 12lb. Encore:cool: but it killed a little buck at 520 this past year.gun)

Yeah, I live in a little town between Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene called Athol.
I talked to Karl a month or two ago about doing a custom and he said that he didn't really do much of that anymore since he was so busy doing the fluting.

Sounded like a great guy, probably call him today!

Gary

Yeah, I live in a little town between Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene called Athol.

That's not a very nice thing to call that little town!!:D

Hahaha been through there many times. I have a small place up stream from there at Thompson Falls MT. We always fly into Spokane from AK so drive through there on the way to T Falls
I got the same from Karl when I asked him to do this current build. Sounds like he stays busy with fluting and custom machine work. I had him flute the bolt, web the handle and install the tac knob on this build. The barreled action should be going back to him next week for fluting. I hope to finally lay my hands on all the iron by end of the month. Wish I could claim airline miles for all the travel these rifle components will have by the time I finally get them in hand.

Well got up and met Karl Saturday Morning. Great guy, beautiful shop.
Having him flute and Cerakote an Encore Barrel!

Gary

I got mine back in less than 5 weeks. But I sent mine in the beginning of January.
I ended up going with a .270WSM, 8" twist. 26" #5 barrel. No Brake either. Sent them a Matrix 165 gr seated out to 3.120. Single feed. Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my McMillan stock, so no feed back on this build yet. Hope they hurry up, as I have been looking at triggers, new bipods, and buying lots of bullets that I don't even know will work...........

I thought about doing a single shooter but figured I would see how it shoots from the mag, others have said that there was little to gain. Figured I can always have it re-throated longer.

I'll ask again, how important is a 20moa rail out to 1000yds???

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.