Welcome Home Chip/Dale

I've had a large organic vegetable garden for many years. Squirrels have always been around but haven't been a big problem in the past. But 2 years ago, I had so many squirrels that they ate, or bit into, every single tomatoe before they could be harvested. I live in a dense suburban area with neighbors all around me so I can't shoot them, not even with a pellet rifle. I set up a couple of Hav-a-hart traps and would catch one every morning. The flow of squirrels slowed down but it didn't go away. I planted corn for the first time because my 3 yo grandson wanted to. The squirrels pulled them all down when they were only 3 feet tall.

I'm tired of relocating squirrels and have just about given up. If I lived in a more rural area it would be easy to resolve the problem. That's why the 10-22 was invented; isn't it? This may be my last year of growing the garden.
RElocate them under a nice thick layer of dirt at the end of your GARDEN,,,eye for eye,,,get a return on your time and damage... 😝 😝 😝 ;)

A great addition is to crack the door or window and shoot from the window about 5-10 feet inside the room. Even old school springer or ??? is crazy quiet outside. Sucks to hit the vinyl window frame.... a friend told me. LOL
The Mrs uses this tactic for the little rats. Lights off, curtains closed except for a shooting hole. Has a stool and shooting tripod set up 5-6 ft inside bedroom window.
I think she has watched too many sniper movies with me.

RElocate them under a nice thick layer of dirt at the end of your GARDEN,,,eye for eye,,,get a return on your time and damage... 😝 😝 😝 ;)
My wife has no issue with me hunting and regularly prepares a game-meat dinner herself. But .... snuffing out one of our backyard buddies would cause more household debate than I'd care to endure. 😁

Does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of groundhogs?
I live in a suburban development so, a 22 is not an option.

Thanks!
Those are some seriously nasty pests from their stink and damage. If trapping....not live trapping is out a PCP Pellet Rifle or a bow/arrow with judo points. Next I would go with a pump up (Benjamin Variable Power) pellet and then a springer last. 22 cal I prefer and a 177 will work. You can stone one (head shot) and have golfers 50 yards away and they are totally oblivious to anything.

Those are some seriously nasty pests from their stink and damage. If trapping....not live trapping is out a PCP Pellet Rifle or a bow/arrow with judo points. Next I would go with a pump up (Benjamin Variable Power) pellet and then a springer last. 22 cal I prefer and a 177 will work. You can stone one (head shot) and have golfers 50 yards away and they are totally oblivious to anything.
OLD FASHION SMOKEBOMBS DOWN THE HOLE leave one open and they go running,,,,,you choose if you or your dog would like to finish the JOB..... 😝 😝 🤔 🤔 🥴 ;) ;) :p 👍 🥳

I'm not so sure about that.. I think if I was Golfing 50 yards away.....I'd hear the pellet gun!😉 and I bet the gophers 50 yards from me would scamper when I yell " HEY REELAMIN.....KNOCK OFF THAT **** SHOOTING...IM TRYING TO CONCENTRATE OVER HERE!" 😅🤣😂

Does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of groundhogs?
I live in a suburban development so, a 22 is not an option.

Thanks!
Propane! Run a hose off your 20 lb cylinder down the hole....open it up briefly..turn it off. Suffocates them. Propane is heavier than air and will stay underground long enough..then if you are more adventurous you can always step back and toss a match at the hole....epic!