Weaver turrets

obaro

Any one have any experience/trouble with Weaver's turrets on the tactical and super slam models? I know a lot of them have to have a little 'wiggle' to get them to set back down after adjustment, but I have come across a different problem. I have been running these sort of turrets for a few years and really like them, but came across a tactical model that has some sort of hiccup. The guy that has been using it says it has been 100% reliable, but I have been having some trouble. When I lift the elevation turret it comes up too high sometimes and disengages the teeth to of the adjustment dial.The cap cover/screw is turned down snug and there is no slop or play that I can find. Anybody got a fix or do I send it in? I have a little mechanical ability, but make no claims as a scope smith.

Just a follow up to my previous post. I finally got a little time to look at my turret problem and came up with the fix. After taking off the cap, then the marked dial, I turned the turret and it became apparent that the brass screw that holds it down was loose. Got a good fitting screw driver and snugged it up and it appears the problem is solved. Considered a little dab of something extra on the threads, but didn't figure I wanted anything sticky down in my turret. Hopefully it is a permanent fix.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.