turrets

A good competant shooter will rangefind more accurately than a decent/expensive laser rangefinder which are to easilly fooled, needs practice. Set the scope up and mark your own ranges which is what everyone should do. The only scopes that do not require this are the older Burris Signatures which have a locking band to lock the marking ring in position.
Backlash or not is not going to make a scrap of difference, if there is lash the play is taken up upon the initial movement engaging the mechanical gearing, so whats the point in going all the way back when you can just rock it either side of pa and narrowing it down finalising low to high.

[ QUOTE ]
[quote
SO IF I DO IT THE OPPOSITE WAY TO WHAT THEY SAY IT WORKS BETTER.
thanks for that i will give this a go.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what? Rangfinding? Using the parralex adjustment isnt a very good way to range. Most of the time the yardage markers wont line up with the actual distance anyway. Use a rangefinder for rangeing, and the parralex adjustment for parralex adjustment. To adjust for parralex, go all the way to infinity and then back slowly untill there is no more parralex. If you go past it you have to go all the way back to infinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the confusion
i was talking about parallax (with the back lash problem)
and the way you have explained it is the way i take it has to be done.

i can not find the link from 6mm BR
but in there some where it says this information has come straight from Leupold technical department.and to get the parallax to work correctly you have to To adjust for parallax, go all the way to infinity and then back slowly until there is no more parallax. If you go past it you have to go all the way back to infinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

now my understanding of back lash is to take up the slack in the mechanism.(can there be so much slack in there that you have to go all the way back to infinity)
or is there something i am missing.

[ QUOTE ]
A good competant shooter will rangefind more accurately than a decent/expensive laser rangefinder which are to easilly fooled, needs practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not looking for an argument, but umm... No.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.