Weaver Tactical

emn83

Hey all,

I have been half looking for a new scope, to replace the Nikon Buckmasters I have on my .308. I like the scope, but I want to get something a little better.

I was looking at the Weaver Tactical 4-20X50SF

does anyone have experience with these scopes? I like the fact that it's FFP and uses MIL/MIL, but I don't have any experience with Weaver scopes. any input would be great

I've owned a few Grand Slams... fantastic scopes, especially for the price.

I haven't heard anything bad about these Weaver Tacticals... I'll bet they're good quality scopes.

When I'm wondering about some product I'm getting ready to buy, I go to google...

...and type in that product name and "problem."

I just did that with Weaver Tactical and "problem" in the search box.

There are no issues to speak of that were not scope ring and mounting issues... I saw one guy mention something about the lighted reticle not suiting him... but there is a dearth of info as to problems with this scope...

So it should be a good one! :)

Dan

Thanks for the input green 788.

The scope looked really good, and for the price it is very tempting. I like that it is MIl/MIL, since my current scope is MIL/MOA, having the reticle and adjustment be the same would be nice, and I am familiar with the MIL system so it's something I can use. Didn't want to spend over $1k on a scope for this rifle, as I am in the beginning stages of planning my dream build and will put the money into a scope for that.

I recommend you go here: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f40/weaver-tactical-4-20x50-mildot-30mm-93748/
and make a deal on this one.

I hold Weaver tacticals in very high esteem.

I have the old discontinued ones. The new ones are way better.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f40/weaver-tactical-4-20x50-mildot-30mm-93748/

Thinking about it, the only reason I haven't is that it's MIL/MOA and I kind of want something that is MIL/MIL...still considering it though

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.