Weaver T-36 scope...........

G

I am looking at buying a Weaver T-36 scope. I found a deal on them at $308 and it seems like a very good price. Question is... does anyone have any experience with them? It will be going on my prairie dog gun (22-.250) and I will also be doing some bench shooting with it! Any info will be greatly appreciated!

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Gunslinger ]

I use the T-24 (no longer made) for bench shooting and it is excellent. A lot of others that I shoot with use the T-36 and are satisfied with them. The Bausch & Lomb Elites are quite popular too. The Weaver is clear, the tracking is good, and the parallax can be adjusted to where there's none.

36X is a lot of Power for Pdogs ....

and you will probably only be able to use it early in the morning and towards evening when the heat waves are minimal , and you will need a rock solid bench set-up . There may also be other rare weather conditions when you can use 36X . However , most guys go Pdogging in June-Aug , and it is plenty HOT ! The Weaver is a bargain at that price and tracks great . Some BenchResters use it in Competition . Even 24X is unusable most of the time if you're Varmint Hunting in the NorthEast . In S. Dakota , Montana , Wyoming etc . for most of the day , my experience has been that anything over 20X or thereabouts is iffy .

I am looking at buying a Weaver T-36 scope. I found a deal on them at $308 and it seems like a very good price. Question is... does anyone have any experience with them? It will be going on my prairie dog gun (22-.250) and I will also be doing some bench shooting with it! Any info will be greatly appreciated!

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Gunslinger ]

I'd like to find a T-10 one day and a proper 308 to put under it. Next to the green model Redfield AccuTrac and the Unertl the T-10 was a premier sniper scope in the 60's. I bet the T-24 and T-36 are great too.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.