Weaver T-16 opinions....

Holmes

Greetings,

I am currently using a Weaver V-16 on a M700 25/06. The optical clarity starts to fall a bit when turned beyond 12X. As I really don't need variable power on this rifle, I am considering going to a fixed power scope. I also would like to have target turrets which the V-16 does not have.

After talking with some folks about the T-16s, I think I might like one of these.

Are the optics a better quality than those in the V series? And are the mechanics of the scope suitable for repeatable adjustments?

All comments appreciated.

Regards,

~Holmes

Hey Holmes-
I have the Weaver straight 15 power and had the 6-5-20 Grand Slam. The 15 power is an ok scope, clarity is average and the click repeatability is decent. The price was $178. For that price, it's tough to beat but it's not nearly as nice as my Leupolds.
The Grand Slam cost me about $300 and to be honest, I regretted not spending more for a better scope. It wasn't bad, just not what I was used to.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.