Weaver Super Slam vs Minox ZA 5

6x6 elk

Torn between these two scopes in 3-15x50,for a Sako 300 win mag. Any suggestions on optics clarity, handling recoil/durability. Weaver has a BDC, the Minox has the Z-800 retical. Price wise I have found them for the same price. Thanks for any help.

The Weavers have exposed, locking turrets that pull up to adjust and have very positive clicks. Very good glass in that price range, some how Natchez seams to clearance them at great prices.
Weaver 3-15X50 Super Slam Riflescope Side Focus EBX Reticle Matte - Natchez Shooters Supplies 3-15X50 Super Slam Riflescope Side Focus EBX Reticle Matte

The Euro has a 30mm tube and a little more elevation and I think 14 MOA per turn of the dial. Again, positive clicks and tracks very well, glass is good in low light.
Weaver 4-20X50 Super Slam Euro Style Riflescope SF Dual-X Reticle Matte - Natchez Shooters Supplies 4-20X50 Super Slam Euro Style Riflescope SF Dual-X Reticle Matte

Fantastic scopes for that price.
Hunting Scopes | Rimfire Scopes | 22 Rifle Scopes | Military Scope | Rimfire Scopes and More! - Natchez Shooters Supplies

Have not looked thru the Minox but I've really not heard much about them, nothing bad.

Anyone have the Minox ZA-5? Thanks for the review of the Super Slam.

I purchased a 4-20X ZA 5 for a rifle I built for my father. I think they are a strong buy for the money. Really clear image edge to edge with excellent color rendition.....better than my Sightron SIII's. The turrets seem to be very accurate and repeatable plus, not being too well known at this time, you can find really strong prices out there.

Not sure if you've checked prices...but CameralandNY has a open box ZA5 3-15X by 56mm with 30mm main tube and side focus for $429.99. If you call to order, mention "Moving Sale" or type it in their comment section where they ask how you heard about them...you get an additional 10% off....that scope would be $386.99 plus shipping ( which they charged me $9.99 two weeks ago for a Viper PST I ordered.) For a smidge over $400......you'd have an outstanding scope at a ridiculously low price.....IMHO.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=minox_66450

Good Luck,

Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.