• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WEATHERBY MK5 STAINLESS SYN 300wby mag

I agree 100%!!! I've been squeezing pennies out of ever little corner to see if I could sneak it past momma without it showing on the accounts 😂🤣😂
Doesn't EVERYONE HAVE A MAD MONEY ACCOUNT? GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ....No joint accounts here! What's mine is mine, what's hers is hers.... somehow though....hers always seem to go up proportionally to mine going down! What's with that?

Doesn't EVERYONE HAVE A MAD MONEY ACCOUNT? GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ....No joint accounts here! What's mine is mine, what's hers is hers.... somehow though....hers always seem to go up proportionally to mine going down! What's with that?
Lol squirreled fun money never sees the account. It's just sometimes you've ran the squirrel fund down to low and you have to sneak a little from savings haha that's when momma notices. 😂🤣

I have that exact rifle. First, they are NOT STAINLESS. They are nickel plated. They SHOOT! I love mine.

I have that exact rifle. First, they are NOT STAINLESS. They are nickel plated. They SHOOT! I love mine.
Not correct.

They made a nickel-plated version for 1 or 2 years in Japan. This comes with a black floorplate, straight stock, and of course the point of origin is noted. It was called the Alaskan and is not common. Frequently you can find these on GB mistakenly noted as stainless.

When production was moved to the USA in the early 2000's they made a stainless version for a few years, with even a few variations noted. These are much more common, have a silver floorplate, traditional Weatherby profile stock and of course are Made in USA.

Last edited:
Not correct.

They made a nickel-plated version for 1 or 2 years in Japan. This comes with a black floorplate, straight stock, and of course the point of origin is noted. It was called the Alaskan and is not common. Frequently you can find these on GB mistakenly noted as stainless.

When production was moved to the USA in the early 2000's they made a stainless version for a few years, with even a few variations noted. These are much more common, have a silver floorplate and of course are Made in USA.
Dr Vette is correct as Ive had/owned several of the US made SS Mark Vs as well as an all Stainless US Made 6 lug Mark V which we built a 280AI on the action.

Truth be told I had my finger on the trigger for this rifle too. Like Dr. Vette said, it played with my emotions being sold, then back, then sold again. I was disappointed in not striking while the iron was hot so I desperately asked for the stove/oven in hopes of redemption.

Its unbelievable what a piece of iron can do to us ...I am guilty of the same Emotions as above . I cant begin to tell you how many times I started to buy then stopped and watched it float away !

I get excited to see what has been listed in the time I'm sleeping ! Wow ! I must be Crazy ! Ha ha

Rum Man