Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight

I have had my UL Mark V for 12 years now in 3oowby. For the first few years I always had problems finding a load and had a lot of flyers. The only way I could get good grouping was loading very light loads of 18ogrn. Down around the 2900ft/sec range. Total junk for a wby. After the 4th year of owning it, i removed the pressure point and bedded the action. Wow, what a difference! Removing the pressure point turned it into a sub moa shooter.

I have been shooting 18ogrn TSX @ 3150ft/sec for the last 6 years now and get .5moa grouping all day long. I now shoot out to 800m with confidence. With the light barrel, i still watch the heat build up, but that should be a gimme with any UL rifle.

I have a .257 that shoots 1/2" out of the box. I have not touched it. It beat my $4500 piece of carbon trash by a mile. My dad has a 25/06 that would not shoot to save its life. I called Weatherby and checked the torque on the action screws. That was all it took. The guns shoots great now.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.