Weatherby BackCountry midnight

Weatherby Mark V. is their flagship no matter which model you choose. I'm confident they will make it right. I've had 2 over the years and they looked and performed like Roy's standard. I would have owned more but their limited choice of calibers. I did order a Mark V in the new "Hunter" line with thin barrel in .280AI. And that's what it will be doing, hunting in the field. Call them!

I feel your pain, ordering and receiving crap, then the aggravation of return process, if only everything we wanted could be purchased locally at a reasonable price

I'm a little disappointed with Weatherby. I own three Vanguards (Howa) that have a great "guarantee" of holding <1 degree of accuracy at 100 yards. Granted my 240 WM and 223 Win do that every day, but the 243 Win averages about 1-1/2 inches at that distance. After trying different bullets (make, weight, profile), different powders (weights), and different OAL's, I called Weatherby to see what they would tell me. To make a long story short, their customer service representative only told me that it was my fault, and they wouldn't honor anything. Maybe I shouldn't complain, as two out of three ain't bad. However, the 243 Win rifle is for sale.
You better hope no buyer see this post!

I am a long-time Weatherby fan. I own 5 Mark V's.

That said, I have not been impressed lately & the OP's experience is unfortunate but seems to be par for the course these days. Companies pumping out sub par crap & calling it good enough. We are dommed as a society.

I just spent an hour on their website & unless you want a hat or shirt there is nothing in stock. No brass, no ammo, no nothing.

I'm a little disappointed with Weatherby. I own three Vanguards (Howa) that have a great "guarantee" of holding <1 degree of accuracy at 100 yards. Granted my 240 WM and 223 Win do that every day, but the 243 Win averages about 1-1/2 inches at that distance. After trying different bullets (make, weight, profile), different powders (weights), and different OAL's, I called Weatherby to see what they would tell me. To make a long story short, their customer service representative only told me that it was my fault, and they wouldn't honor anything. Maybe I shouldn't complain, as two out of three ain't bad. However, the 243 Win rifle is for sale.
With weatherby or premium ammo(their discretion what is premium) is how the accuracy guarantee reads, I believe.

I also own a Vanguard 243 that I am not totally pleased with. I am having trouble getting it to group well. I have 3 other Weatherby Vanguards that do very well. In my case, I think it is just a matter of developing a decent load. When supplies become available, I will try some different loads.

I have always found Weatherby to be reasonable and easy to deal with !! I'm sure they will send you a new stock!!

I picked up a Mark V Accumark Elite last year and the front pillar in the AG stock is crooked as all get out. Not sure how the screw even fits down it to tighten but it does. I sent pictures to Weatherby and they said that AG mounts the pillars, not them, but if it doesn't shoot send it back.
Sounds like they'd make it right only if it didn't shoot. To be honest I haven't shot it enough to fine tune. Looks like it will be around a 1 MOA gun though.
Hope they at least replace the stock for you!

You need to look a Browning X-Bolt models. Many from which to choose.

Mine is the top line X-Bolt Pro with carbon fiber stock, bronze Cerakoted stainless barreled action (and Cerakoted stock) and factory lapped barrel.