• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Weatherbughiker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savedbygrace2001

Hey guys dont buy from this guy he's a scammer, he tried to sell me a rifle. The pics were from 24hourcampfire classifieds in 2015. Stay away!!!
Moderator needs to shut him down
His Name is Joseph Adams

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-222007_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-222007_Chrome.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 208
His current listing just heads up if people miss the name

BLUF: I don't have evidence either way, but wanted to throw this exchange out to the group.

Contacted WeatherBugHiker about the 7mm Rem Mag Encore listed here at a great price.

The response is pictured below.

Less than 24 hours later, after this thread is posted, the Encore is "sold" in thread.

I admit, completely possible this is a coincidence, but, with everything else, suspect behavior.

Attachments

• 2E128A1E-A05D-40F4-B62C-BB900AFC41D2.jpeg
    2E128A1E-A05D-40F4-B62C-BB900AFC41D2.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 132
I'm guessing this is why per Len's rules a paper with the sellers user name and date in the picture WITH the product is required. It would solve most of the problems here. But for some people it's like breaking their arms to do it.
Sad but true! As most of us here, we only deal with outstanding LRH members. I rely heavily on the Buyers & Sellers feedback.

READ THIS----When requesting the note in a picture with the product, ask them to place it in the photo where it can't be photoshopped in. I had a scammer respond to a WTB I posted, I asked for a note with my handle and the date in the picture, they provided it and I was suspicious of it being photoshopped and I was right. Found the same pic without the note via online search.

Hey guys he's been ban.
I'm just trying to keep guys from getting taken. You can read my post on my wanted to buy add for a barrett fieldcraft 7mm-08 rifle. Guy tried to work his way out and accused me of trying to scam him. Any ways read my post, I hope this helps protect other honest guys on here.
Ya he sure fried to want up his mess didn't he ? The previous pics from another forum of the item he was selling told it all. He's early a scammer. Usually they don't really defend their actions. He tried but failed.

I haven't had dealings with this person.
There are to many people trying to screw others out of hard earned money. I get sick every time I read one of these.

This is becoming kinda like Covid. Eventually everyone will get it. I've been tricked. Lost around 100.00. My fault using F&F on a purchased. I don't send F&F unless I've dealt with the person before of they have excellent feed. Mostly Goods & Services.

HERE IS AN EMAIL EXCHANGE WITH ME FROM THE SELLER

WEATHERBUGHIKER

IF YOU READ IT
START AT THE BOTTOM AND MOVE UPWARDS

FROM WEATHERBUGHIKER TO LEN...

START FROM THE BOTTOM

I'd like for you to see the evidence I have and not let this jackass try and drag my name thru the mud when it's him who insisted on using PayPal I told him I could do a bank account transfer or anything else. Even tried to offer to send him the rifle to start it out with. He compromised my PayPal account to either ensure he got the rifle OR to scam ME. I have the proof. He added an email to my PayPal and a new number. Then after refunding him the money after removing his email and number from my PayPal's account, he goes on to the site saying crap. Yet I've done deals on there, GunBroker and other sites for years. I'm a 39 year old man going to be 40 soon, I make a great living as a welder I really couldn't care less about 1800 bucks I just want my gun safes cleared out so I can get new toys this summer. Can you please call me so we can speak and I can give you my logins and you can see it for yourself? I'm completely outraged right now since I have a deal going on outside of that that needs me to be able to access my account I posted last night offering to provide evidence, go to get the shipping information for dkwellerman for the Thompson I sold him and my accounts banned. I sent him 19 different photos, even went back and got the photos from the original seller of the gun and sent him them yet continued to claim he couldn't see them. He's playing people. Tried to say his bank only allows 1000 a day, how does that work? Even the most basic bank account if you have money in it you can send whatever you want up to at least $2500

Please call me at (xxx) 367-xxxx so I can speak to you and explain my side of this. He was either trying to rip me off or trying some extremely illegal and shady way to ensure he gets the gun which is in extremely bad faith. It's like I'm in lala land here trying to make sense of this all. I have perfect feedback on GunBroker on 24hrcampfire snipershide eBay everywhere I've been I've been trusted and accepted in, I'm always buying and selling new toys, sold a trg early last month to a lady off of your site for 2900 she sent me the cash up front on cashapp received the rifle within 4 days and even got free badger 30mm rings out of it. Dkwellerman is also willing to vouch for me as well!
On Mon, Feb 21, 2022, 12:15 PM Len Backus wrote:

CLICK TO EXPAND THIS NEXT PORTION AND START FROM BOTTOM

Joe

What would you like me to do specifically?

Len

---- On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 11:58:35 -0600 [email protected] wrote ----

Long Range Hunting Forum
The following message has been sent from Gub43 <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com> (IP: 2600:6401:15c7:c383:14bb:aaff:fe20:907b) via the contact form at Long Range Hunting Forum.

Savedbygrace2001/WeatherBughiker
I have information for you to receive on this user, he is upset I didn't let him scam me, I have all of the information for you to have you can login to my Gmail account and see the PayPal emails yourself. I refunded him the money, I have 2 other deals going thru on here that I need to be able to complete, dkwellerman can vouch for me as well as others. I have a GunBroker account from 2009 for Christs sake. I sent him a PayPal.me link he said that wasn't good enough I send him the email and my legal name which happens to be my password I get a login notification saying someone from Pennsylvania is attempting to login to my account. I removed the new number he attempted to make my primary number and new email. I used the TextNow messaging service so my company phone doesn't get spammed you can login to that as well and see for yourself the convo we had. I sent him 19 different photos of the rifle, made copies even took photos from the original person I bought it from and sent them too. Countless issues with this KID. The kids born in 2001, started making excuses and everything. He got his money refunded once I knew something was up when I get told I'm trying to add an email identical to mine instead of adams
Xxxxx@gmail.com, it's xxxxx@gmail.com he made a new Gmail and everything to try and hijack my PayPal account I am the one that's been wronged here. I have evidence for Christs sake!!!!!!
Visit Long Range Hunting Forum​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.