• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want to trade: SAVAGE LRP HEAVY FLUTED, 26 INCH BARREL FOR 6.5 MM BARREL

wildcat westerner

Howdy,
I have a factory Savage .243 LRP heavy fluted 26 inch barrel chambered in .243W I got in trade. Borescoped, it shows a little copper fouling and the throat/leade is in fine shape.
I am seeking a 6.5 mm sporter weight barrel. Ideally if I could get a Howa/Weatherby Vanguard etc. 1500 barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor that would be the best of both worlds. But I will settle for a sporter weight barrel in 6.5 mm capable of being chambered for the 6.5 Creedmoor and finish at about 24 inches length. With all the fans of this great website someone out there must be able to create a "win-win" situation for the both of us.

WW

Might look at northland shooter supply and get what you want then sell your current barrel outright to recoop some of the costs.

Is it a large or small shank? I'm guessing small but seems like some of the target actions may have come with large shank regardless of chambering. I may be wrong. What twist?

Recent Posts