• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want to trade for lever action 45-70

andrewsben

Many of you have seen that I am a savage fanatic just by the shear number of parts that I have been selling lately (**** ARC and Bighorn with their new, expensive, actions). I am a software engineer by trade by firefighter by heart. I recently became assistant chief of our, very small and very rural (aka broke), county fire department and am in process of appointment from the mayor to become chief of our city fire department (share building and some equipment). We were lucky enough given an aerial fire truck (ladder truck with a bucket and water turret) by another county, which is several decades old but close to functional, who purchased a new aerial. Luckily an old timer ex-chief had a very good connection with someone that has ran several of the same Mack/Baker model that we were gifted for decades. This guy has made several trips (which are 2 hours each way) to help us get this truck ready to put into service, setting up our engines to be able to feed the aerial, as well as bringing several hundred dollars worth of parts each trip for both the aerial and the engines (firefighting equipment isn't cheap). Today while the ex-chief, myself, and the old timer expert were chatting over coffee after today's work on the truck it was mentioned in passing between the two others that the old-timer expert was looking for a lever action 45-70. I would like to get this guy one for all the work, and parts, that he has donated to our fire department. Knowing there is no budget, nor probably acceptable methods, for the fire department to do anything major for his help I would like to take it upon myself to try to get this guy a 45-70 lever action.

I have a **** ton of barrels, stocks, and actions for savages. If anyone would be interested in doing a trade for something along the lines of a marlin 1895 45-70 (in price range, doesn't have to be marlin, just don't think I can swing a winchester 1886 or the like), for equal value in savage parts (well, i would make the deal one sided your way if I can get this done without dipping into my cash reserves) it would go a long way in meaning to someone that has gone out of their way to make sure that a fire station with next to no means could have functional equipment.

Also if anyone has recommendations on someone that could engrave a statement of appreciation on a stock, if I can swing getting one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

PS pic isn't ours, has been too rainy to get it out of the barn to even get a picture. Ours is much less nice and missing some badging (anyone have the side MACK letters that could donate?), but same model truck/arm.

7ea8e26f12f4d22d61187057768c18d8.jpg