Walleye fishing

FEENIX

My buddy and I went out today and got lucky today!

Walleye 1 of 4.jpg

Walleye 2 of 4.jpg

Walleye 3 of 4.jpg

I have a buddy who goes to Lake Erie during November and December every year and they limit out everyday. They also fish from piers at night. Usually very cold and can be icy…not for me. Lol.

Feenix, I was just going to say that looks like the Missouri River in either ND or SD! Huge population of walleye in that river system. Spent lots of time fishing up and down the river.

On the Columbia I do believe they consider them invasive and are non native. They eat a TON of juvenile salmon coming down stream. So……no limits

Very few Walleye in southwest Oklahoma, but our wildlife department does a good job of keeping Saugeye stocked in most of our lakes. The biggest one we've ever caught is 7 lbs. The state record is 10lb even. Definitely the most delicious fish in our lakes.

Attachments

• 59567560-81C5-42DD-8AF2-9BD074EACC42.jpeg
    59567560-81C5-42DD-8AF2-9BD074EACC42.jpeg
    649.8 KB · Views: 99
Feenix, I was just going to say that looks like the Missouri River in either ND or SD! Huge population of walleye in that river system. Spent lots of time fishing up and down the river.
Earlier this week, I just got a notification that we are heading back from 26-30 May. We are staying on a VRBO farmhouse in Fort Pierre, SD, with access to hunting/shooting in the 3K+ acres, and the river access is not too far. We are going with a guide and fishing at Lake Sharpe too. I am still waiting for the details, but I am very excited.

Earlier this week, I just got a notification that we are heading back from 26-30 May. We are staying on a VRBO farmhouse in Fort Pierre, SD, with access to hunting/shooting in the 3K+ acres, and the river access is not too far. We are going with a guide and fishing at Lake Sharpe too. I am still waiting for the details, but I am very excited.
ND and SD are arguably the best states for experiencing the outdoors. World class fishing, upland game/migratory fowl, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, pronghorn, mule deer, whitetail, mountain lion and trapping. The states are almost identical with plains, rolling hills, or the legendary badlands.

You will no doubt have the time of your life! I can only assume that there's a prairie dog colony around there. I'd look into seeing if you can melt a barrel on some of them while you're there too!!

I'm excited for you FEENIX!