WA state spring bear petition!!!!!!!!

Spoonman

At tonight's WDFW public meeting the WDFW Director stated that there is a petition to establish a spring 2022 bear season to be voted on during the Jan 21 2022 commission meeting and that it is imperative to let the commissioners know your position or they may not take up the petition.

Here is a link to contact the commission: https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/contactHope this helps.

Please take a minute to voice your concerns. Even if you don't hunt bear let them know that we want back our 2022 season! Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen!

We are trying but we need help with people writing in to the link I provided above. This decision was made from feelings and anti hunting people from the commission. One of the members has just resigned so the pressure is working but we can't stop here, we have to keep pushing !

I just sent that link to 6 of my buds.

I also told the commission I would like to see more spring bear opportunities and to consider a general spring season in units with high bear populations. O also asked them to consider spring bear hunts in our Wilderness areas.
That's great man! We need more of that from everyone. We are showing a strong presence so far and the more people we get to write in the better.

It is a little demoralizing to need to advocate for our rights and privilege to hunt in this state. I feel like we have to show up 10x to keep our voices heard. It's the only program that the state doesn't consider the active/ current individual license purchase as involvement but listens to the 15 people who shows up to a secret meeting at an odd time at odd places. Rant over.

Sure feels like a losing battle, after losing the trapping and hounding in 1996 its been a uphill battle to manage predators. I fear we will never get to hunt spring bears again in Washington state

Sure feels like a losing battle, after losing the trapping and hounding in 1996 its been a uphill battle to manage predators. I fear we will never get to hunt spring bears again in Washington state
Odds are we won't. You know though, Washington is all for supporting people that want to identify as whatever they want, so in that case I identify as a savage and that means in my native savagery I can hunt spring bear!

Recent Posts