VX-5HD VS Whiskey 5 VS PST GEN II

TC338

looking at all three of these scopes for a 6.5 creedmoor hunting rifle.
3-15x44 on each. Shots can range from 25-800 yards. Illuminated reticle is a requirement. Recommendations? Personal experiences?

The hunter , do you feel the impact reticle is to crowded or did you settle right in with it. I have been looking between nightforce atacr or Leupold VX6HD but that reticle is the only one around here right now. I would have to order otherwise.

The vx5hd is going to have better glass and a locking turret. Also check out the ziess v4. It's in the same price range as them scopes too.

Why is that? Would you mind explaining? Just looking for info.
The Vortex PST scopes, both gen 1 and 2, have cronic durability issues(usually related to turret tracking). I haven't been a fan of leupold for a while, but the hit it out of the park on the VX5 and VX6 scopes. 19 ounces, 20 moa per turn, locking turrets, clear glass, its just a great all round lightweight hunting scope.

The hunter , do you feel the impact reticle is to crowded or did you settle right in with it. I have been looking between nightforce atacr or Leupold VX6HD but that reticle is the only one around here right now. I would have to order otherwise.
I was going for the firedot duplex, but I was only able to git the impact 29moa. So I ordered it, and when I got it I liked the 29moa reticle a lot. It is steel useble it low light. If you are going to targit shoot a little with it or where you hunt has bad wind you will probebly like the impact29 reticle. The glass is amasing, so is the zerolock turrent.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.