• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Vortex Viper PST 4-16 FFP for sale

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
I have a Vortex Viper PST 4-16 with EBR-2 reticle. This is the first focal plane model. Can not say its new, I mounted it on my prototype Raptor LRSS rifle in 300 Raptor for testing.

Reason I am selling the scope is because I had originally ordered it to put on a Raptor Stalker rifle which would be designed for sub 1000 yard big game hunting where this model of Vortex would really shine. That plan turned into a Raptor LRSS rifle designed for long to extreme range shooting, 1000 to +2000 yard shooting.

I have tested the rifle and it is shooting very well with the Vortex but now I need to push things out to the limits of the new wildcat which will be WELL over 2000 yards. As such, this scopes power range just is not appropriate for this use. Nothing against the scope in any way, just wrong application so I have decided to sell it.

The scope has had less then 60 rounds fired with it mounted on the Raptor.

It currently has a set of Aadland Triple lug tactical rings mounted.

Asking $985 for scope/rings and shipping to you.

$850 for scope and shipping.

PA180069.jpg

PA180075.jpg

The scope is in mint conditions. If I pull the rings there may be some slight ring marks but I doubt there will be much. I am taking some off of the cost of these rings which are some of the very best rings I have used to support a sizable scope and handle recoil better then most other rings I have tested.

First come first serve. Will accept paypal payments but will need to add 3% to that to cover paypals service fees.

Is this a mil/mil? Also what are the actual elevation adjustment range on this scope?
Thx

Yes, its mil reticle and 1/10 mil turrets.

Checking the actual clicks on the turret, comes out to exactly 23.5 mil of vertical adjustment. Actual reticle movement looks like around 22.5 to 22.75 mil. For those that think in MOA, thats roughly 85 moa of vertical adjustment in absolute turret movement and around 82 moa in actual reticle movement.

Not to **** bad to be honest!!!