vortex viper 4-16x44mm hslr

X-Bolt

I'm new to the forum and looking for your thoughts on this scope. Bought it recently at cabela's at a great price... Looking to mount it on xbolt white gold 7mm mag when it arrives in a week or so. I'm relatively new to long distance {>200} shooting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Great scope, especially for only $400. I've got a couple of the PST scopes which supposedly have the same glass and I'm very pleased with them. You can search the forum for opinions on mounting the scope as there are many good options available. How far will you be shooting?

At this point, looking to start out to roughly 600y, but wold like to go further if the capability is there without making changes to the rifle.

I just bought the 4-16x44 HS which just has the capped turrets and got it pretty cheap myself. I had it out at the range yesterday and was comparing it to my 4.5x14x50 zeiss conquest. The conquest is definately clearer but the vortex isnt far behind it at all. I would put the glass right on par with any Vari X 3 that I own. Now where the Vortex started to lose its contrast was maxed out at 16X and thing became a little fuzzy so i just left it on 14X and had no issues. All things considered this is probably the best scope money can buy considering i only paid $325 for it nib with free shipping.

I personally do not own one but I've helped 4 Airman from my squadron last year on their set-up and they are very pleased with them. Also, got to shot them to 200 yards only but the scope is very capable in LR.

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting.

Thanks for your replies. I've always owned leupolds, so it's hard to make the break to a different brand that is relatively new and without having input from firsthand owners.

My buddy has the exact scope on his 7mm. We took it out yesterday and he had a first round hit on a 12" plate at 1080 yards. The scope is more than capable for a long range hunting rifle. Glass is decent and the turrets are quite repeatable, for $400 it's a great value.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.