Vortex Strike Eagle

There are small household items that we purchase that are Chinese with no other options to buy at Dollar Gen, Walmart or any store that sells daily use items. If there is no choice, then no choice. But with items 100 bucks or more, no Chicom for me. They are the main enemy, but we all have a free choice, for now at least.
Your cellular phone? TV?

Your cellular phone? TV?
Have to ask my company I work for about the phone but I won't, because they are paying for it, they bought it and pay all services.
As for the TV, box is long gone, boy I hope I didn't go Chicom!!
What I said holds unless it slips by me, sorry!!

And the majority of parts for the computers we are currently using in this discussion ;)
It should not be hard to understand That when I have a choice, I don't buy Chicom! ;)
It should be a no brainer that sometimes we don't have a good option!
But when I have a choice, I buy products made elsewhere.
To each his own!

It should not be hard to understand That when I have a choice, I don't buy Chicom! ;)
It should be a no brainer that sometimes we don't have a good option!
But when I have a choice, I buy products made elsewhere.
To each his own!
I fully understand where you are coming from based on your previous post and really didn't require another response clarifying your position. But thanks for letting us know where you stand again. I was just giving the OP something to think about. He may not feel the same way as you.....After all, the Chinese have stolen the majority of their technology from other countries anyway 😆

OP, what is your plan for the scope? 22 competition? Long range hunting? PRS? Plinking?

These "optics" threads often devolve to:
1) Buy X brand at $X thousand - it is better
2) Do not buy Chinese
3) Do not buy Brand X Chinese, Brand Y Chinese is better

If you can get it at a great buy, try it - you may like it. If you buy at great price and do not like it, post it for someone else to try.
It's a plinking/hunting scope.

I fully understand where you are coming from based on your previous post and really didn't require another response clarifying your position. But thanks for letting us know where you stand again. I was just giving the OP something to think about. He may not feel the same way as you.....After all, the Chinese have stolen the majority of their technology from other countries anyway 😆
Another response did not hurt anything, though not required, I simply wanted to.
To me when it's your money, your choice, not slamming anyone if they decide to buy Chicom, but people should be inform where these various lines are made in case they don't want to buy Chinese.

It's a plinking/hunting scope.
You should look into the Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50 with the MOA-2 reticle. They can be had for around 400 dollars. They have better glass than the vortex, they track good. They don't have a zero stop but if you're hunting and plunking you don't really need one anyways. Turrets are 15 MOA per revolution. For the price point it's as good as scopes that cost hundreds more.

Today I compared the Strike Eagle side by side to the Viper PST. Going to get the Viper. I don't think it's just the glass. The Viper is a bit longer, but it seems lighter. I think the internal angles contribute to the clarity and brightness.