Vortex / Sightron Opinions

JRY46

I'm getting ready to buy a new scope and narrowed down my choices within my budget to either a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6x24x50 or a Sightron STach 4x20x50. I have 2 Vipers now and like them a lot, and we have Sightrons on our club guns that our junior shooters use at the steel bench rest matches. Does anyone have any experience with the STach? I hate to buy something without actually seeing / touching it before I cough up the cash. Thanks for your opinions as always!!

I have several S-TACs mounted on hunting rifles (three varmint rifles and one deer rifle) and I find them to be excellent scopes for the money. The glass is clear edge to edge, delivers a bright image even at 20X and they track like a top-shelf optic. I have both the MOA-2 and duplex reticles - I much prefer the MOA-2.

As for reliability, I have had a couple for a number of years now and they have seen quite a bit of field use. They are holding up very well and I have never experienced a problem.

My only criticisms . . . I prefer locking ocular focus rings and the side focus is a little stiff at first.

In my opinion the S-TAC is the best scope in it's price range. The tracking and ability to retain zero is excellent. I have not had the exact Vortex mentioned above, but I have not been impressed with similarly priced Vortex I have owned.

Thanks guys I was leaning that way myself. I just wanted to here from someone that had one. Have a great New Year...........................JR

Sightron STAC is a third of the price it's worth. I'd put it up against any $1000.00 + scope out there. Vortex scopes are good scopes as well but for the money, Sightron takes first place.

S TAC came on Tuesday and the mounts will be here Tomorrow. I'm going to mount it u and give it a try this weekend if the weather cooperates. It does look good I will say !! Thanks again for all the advice as always!.............JR

I just got a vortex diamondback tactical from cabelas. Not impressed with it at all! Not very clear! Retical is very hard too see at low power. Its going back for sure

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.