Vortex Problem & need help...

I have a Vortex Viper 6.5 x 20 44mm BDC, on a custom Rem 700 in a 7mm UM. I am having problems with it holding zero and problems with the tracking. I am ok with the optics but with it not holding zero and the turrets not working, well... Its useless to say the least. I had the problem early this week, at first it worked fine but after about 10 shots it was way off... so I stoped shooting it and then went throught the entire gun from stock, to the mounts. I took it all apart, tightned everything and used lock tite (again). So I am really confident it is the scope. I am aware of the warranty and that is great but has anyone had any experiance on there turn around time? I am leaving on a hunting trip next Wed. and need my rifle... I am also worried that if this is a common problem even with a new one how long is it before this happens again? And if the tracking is not very accurate than it's useless. If this is a common problem I would just rather switch scopes. Any help or info would be great!
Thanks,

The Bear

I have two of the same model Vortex scopes. One has been on a Ruger 7 mm Mauser shooting 162 grain Hornadys at 2450 FPS. That scope has been on the 7MM for over two years and has been subjected to more than 500 rnds of recoil. The second is on a 6.5x47L with about 200 rnds of recoil. Both scopes get switched back and forth betweeen a 100 yd zero and two hundred yard zero regularly and on occasion out to 400 yds and back without any troubles.I'm very happy with both. I would call Vortex and check with them on the turn around time.

The customer service is good. We had a par of the binos go out and I posted it on another sight and within 30 min the president of the company responded to me, They had a new par in the mail before I had my sent off.

Give them a call and tell them that you are leaving for a hunt and I would be surprised if they did not over night you a new scope with a return label to send in your scope.

Bear,

Yes, just ring up our service dept. at (800) 426-0048 when you've got a moment and they'll get you all taken care of.

Sorry to hear about your problem; the Vipers have a great track record & it's very, very rare to see any issues with them.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.